February 17, 2012

The Loneliness of a Body




The Loneliness of a Body

Your arms are a casket
white tulips; money; mouthwash
they push me into a garden
where ghosts keep us
from being ourselves

I dig my hands through wet
earth and find your father’s skull
vine-wrapped with a dead bat
sticking out of his eye-hole
I suggest I sit in a saucer of milk
or drag you with a chain

You ask me to come back
on a day when you are living,
but nothing lives, not like the dead

I stare into the sky
one hand on my grand-mother and one hand
on your chest --- the stars are wondering
if your piercings indicate slave or
master

What else is there, if we can’t talk
about the things you hid---
lovers in closets, man--
but, your girl found me, told me
you wouldn’t fuck her

I am not yours now
and that fact is endless

2 comments:

  1. Freak. I've never read a poem like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why not. do your eyes only read things that talk about flowers or bunnies? I don't see how you have never read a poem like this. use your words to explain yourself.

      Delete