March 12, 2012

what sets you apart




what sets you apart

so me and some people are in an apartment

we don't leave because we are paranoid

they agree to anything i suggest

it is not my beauty or youth because i never looked more tore up

but my passion they warm to


I guessed you won't believe me, so i kept the pictures
in a box


they don't like me
 and i don't like them
but we get along-
our understanding is as loathsome as the political climate


but why should i care, i'm here ain't i?
hate streams from our eyes cause no one is smart enough to stop the dreary incomprehensible sameness 
of days

  
i hold my breath for what seems like weeks
 with kings on hollywood hilltops and dirty homeless
 in basements where hill street meets that bright neon sign of jesus



we are always peeking out windows

time isn't anything to us
--lifetimes come and go
 
i have always gotten my way through them all 
and what of it?
you don't let me and that's what sets you apart

No comments:

Post a Comment